Lovense - wireless toys

Saturday 19 February 2022

shopping experience in 2022

I was under the belief, maybe misguided belief, that we had moved forward over the last few years and away from stereotypical attitudes.

I was doing some food shopping in a big, well known British supermarket and as I walked past their clothing section decided to go and look at the lingerie, and maybe some summer linen trousers (I really want a new pair of white linen trousers, just see through enough to be saucy but not improper, well maybe just a little bit naughty too lol). 

I am looking for a new bra and panty set, maybe more than one, in A/AA size, lace or sheer without padding etc. so I can wear under anything as my titties slowly grow. Sometimes visible through tops and other times hidden, depending on how confident I am feeling and location / company.

Anyway, as I browsed the lingerie section, seeing a few that I liked and picking them up to get a better look, and at least 2 or 3 times see if they had my size (36 A or AA). It was after putting back one bra, I hadn't even picked up any panties yet, that I noticed a member of staff watching, an older lady, just standing watching me. As I moved around she followed, stopping every time I did and then moving with me, always keeping me in sight.

I will be honest and say this really annoyed me, infuriated, and I was tempted to confront her and / or see a manager, but it was late and I just wanted to get home - point to note as well is that this was just a few days before Valentines Day, a time of year I am sure there are millions of men (haha) looking at lingerie for their wives, girlfriends, mistresses and more. As well as crossdressers, bisexuals and gays buying new underwear for themselves and/or partners.

She continued to follow me as I looked at linen trousers and only stopped when i returned to the main grocery part of the store. 

As she didn't approach me, ask if I needed any help or to check if a size I wanted was in stock, I can only presume that she was watching as I was a male looking at bra's and panties, maybe her generation wouldn't have done such a thing but she works in a modern store so should be aware that times have changed, and if not she is in the wrong job.

She had no way of knowing which category I fell into, I wasn't in a skirt, dress or any obvious female clothes (unless I had shown my thong when bending down to look at racks of bra's) but in jeans and a t shirt, perfectly ordinary clothes. And, it shouldn't matter - I was a customer looking to make a purchase, whilst shopping, and in 2022 it most definitely should NOT matter which group I was in - in so many ways it was just wrong.

After leaving, and driving home (without any new lingerie or trousers) I wished I had asked to see a manager, complained and made my feelings known. I am not easily offended or put off, and have been lingerie shopping for myself for over 20 years so not bothered by stares or giggles, but others may or will be offended, upset and put off exploring them own world, their own needs and happiness.

Just wrong in this day and age.

Rant over for today


No comments:

Post a Comment